Monday, April 14, 2014

Wherever You Go Bring Your Own Sunshine Layout by Lisa Spiegel

Wherever You Go Bring Your Own Sunshine Layout
Curtsey Boutique Designer
Lisa Spiegel
Layering is one of the best ways to create interest on a page, and I like to use not just paper but several types of products to create that fun layered look. I love how many there are to choose from with Curtsey Boutique!

My process goes like this...I select my photo or photos and then I usually pull all my embellishments first, trying to find some that match my photo.  Then I'll select a background paper. 


In this case, I chose a retired Sassafras Lass paper because I loved the clouds which I felt help tell the story of my photo of my daughter and her friends on a rainy day.  Then I started layering.  

First, I choose papers.  In this case, I chose a vellum and tape measure paper.  I started tucking things in like the sunshine, a Glassine bag (I cut it in half and tucked in top and bottom for the illusion of a larger bag), a doily (also cut in half and tucked top and bottom), and some tulle ribbon.  

I decided to embellish the corner of the flower girl with a Garland Flag, a doily and a Round Tag. (I thought she was so cute with her daisy umbrella and sunny disposition.  She totally echo'd my daughter's and her friend's faces while they ran to class in the rain.)   

I used my Silhouette to create my title and backed it with the polka dot paper.   I created a custom sunshine with my trusty zig zag scissors and my sewing machine and used it to highlight the word Sunshine for the title.  A few dew drops, some vellum circles and a clothespin all add even more dimension.  

The last little touch is some random thread, I love how thread softens the look of papers.  As always I added some journaling to tell my story...I just don't think a page is finished without journaling!  

I hope you've enjoyed this little look into my layering process and would love to see your take on layering..be sure to stop by our Facebook Fan page and share your pages with us!!

Curtsey Boutique Supplies





To see more of Lisa's work, click on her photo below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and appreciate the time it takes you to leave it :)